M&E Building Surveyor
Aragon Direct Services (a trading name of Peterborough Limited) are recruiting a M&E Building Surveyor to work as part of their Property Services team based in Peterborough.
The main purpose of this role is to effectively manage the inspection of M&E assets and prepare reports detailing maintenance, defects, life cycle, and repairs.
This is a permanent full time (37.5 hours per week) Monday – Friday position working in and around Peterborough.
Your duties will comprise (but are not limited to) the following:
- Inspect all M&E assets including HVAC, electrical systems, heating and plumbing systems and prepare reports detailing lifecycle, cyclical maintenance requirements, defects and repairs.
- Manage schedules and the programme management of surveys.
- Prepare scope of works, concept design drawings and specifications for refurbishment projects.
- Advise the team of design standards and regulatory changes.
- Asset management.
- Draft reports of suitable technical competency and presentation standards – referring to appropriate design standards guidance.
- Use appropriate workspaces in AutoCAD and the preparation of drawings.
We are looking for someone who is HNC/HND level qualified or equivalent. You must hold a driving licence and have use of a vehicle, suitably insured for business use.
The successful applicant will take pride in their work and have a right first-time approach, showing attention to detail and be able to manage their own work load with minimal supervision. Able to work without supervision and with a positive outlook and approach to work.
This role requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be a good team player and must work to and understand the underlying principles of Health and Safety, and Equality and Diversity.
Due to the sites which will be visited, this role is subject to the successful completion of enhanced DBS clearance check.
Interested? Then please submit your application by emailing your CV and covering letter to HR@aragondirect.co.uk. Closing Date for applications: Tuesday 23rd June 2020.