Passenger transport driver –
part-time and term time only
Aragon Direct Services (a trading name of Peterborough Limited) is recruiting a part time Passenger Transport Driver to work as part of its team based in Peterborough.
The main purpose of this role is to maintain a safe environment for pupils accessing transport services. You may be requited to work with a passenger assistant to provide a high quality school transport service throughout the designated area, providing the service user with a positive experience of our transport services and reflecting the values of Aragon Direct Services.
Hours of work – 2 hours in the morning approx. 0715 – 0915 and 2 hours in the afternoon approx. 1430 -1630. Monday – Friday, during term time.
This is a rewarding role working with a variety of students. Assisting our service users daily to help promote independence.
What does the role involve?:
· To collect and deliver allocated clients from designated pick up points, to their destination, ensuring at all times that they are safe and comfortable, and that when travelling all occupants of the vehicle are securely strapped in position using the full range of restrain systems provided.
· Report any concerns over behavioural, physical, mental or other health needs of the clients to the school and/or line manager. Completing accident forms where required.
· Deliver the clients to the safe custody of their designated drop off point.
· Complete regular bus pass checks and report any issues.
· To undertake daily vehicle checks before use and at the end of each day (brakes, oil, water, tyres, cleanliness and any vehicle damage).
· To keep tidy, whilst in possession, the vehicle (inside and out) and to report when interior/exterior clean is required.
· Responsible for maintaining and conducting oneself in a professional manner towards colleagues and other agencies.
· Display a good attitude to our clients, school staff, visitors, public and colleagues.
· Unrestricted D1 or Full PSV Licence
(Training will be considered for the right candidates)
Based in Peterborough, this is a part time, term time only, permanent opportunity. In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer an attractive benefits package including pension scheme, holidays and life assurance scheme.
As part of the Induction process all applicants will undergo a drug and alcohol test, in addition to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing Date – 6 March 2020
Please email CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org