We understand people’s concern regarding the spread of coronavirus. Although most people who catch coronavirus will most likely experience a mild illness, it can be severe for those older people and those who have underlying health conditions.
We can all play our part to prevent the spread of coronavirus and to help protect the more vulnerable members of our communities. Simple and effective things like regularly washing your hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds can help stop the spread and also protect you and your community.
Check out the links below for tips, advice and to keep yourself up to date:
- Watch this NHS video on how to wash your hands
- For the latest guidance on social distancing from GOV.UK
- For updates see the NHS dedicated coronavirus webpage
- General coronavirus guidance from GOV.UK
- See a list of all schools that are closed
What you need to do to prevent catching and spreading the virus
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water or use a sanitiser gel
- Catch coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues
- Throw away used tissues and then wash your hands
- If you don’t have a tissue use your sleeve
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell